We are currently taking a break from Antenatal classes.
Our antenatal education courses will provide you with information to make informed decisions about your pregnancy, birth and life as new parents.
We walk you through an array of topics in a relaxed environment, focusing on preparing for birth, breastfeeding and parenthood. We offer 6 week evening courses, one day weekend condensed sessions and tailored made one-on-one sessions.
Physiological Labour and Birth – Understanding the Process
- Preparation for labour and birth
- Stages and phases of labour
- Positioning for labour and birth
- Understanding feelings and emotions around birth
- Role of partners, support people and midwives
An understanding of medical intervention, when and why interventions might be used in labour – including medical pain management, induction and caesarean section.
- Understanding early breastfeeding
- How to initiate, promote and maintain breastfeeding
- How breastfeeding changes as your baby grows
- Understanding challenges and how to overcome them
Life with a newborn
- The early days with a new baby
- Understanding newborn behaviour, what to expect
- Transition into parenthood